Financial Risk Management Companies
Helping you manage risk
The Berkshire Group LP ("Berkshire") is a management-consulting firm providing services to companies in and related to the consumer and commercial lending industries. Through its experienced consultants and close strategic alliance relationships, the entire "Berkshire Team", provides risk-based analysis and valuation of consumer and commercial loans, mortgage servicing rights, and related securities. With decades of experience buying, selling, securitizing, and servicing loan assets, the Berkshire Team provides the best solutions for your specific business model.
Our combination of industry experience and advanced analytic techniques can help you succeed! Most of our consultants spent years in the industry before joining the Berkshire Team. We bring real world experience to every assignment. Using proprietary software tools developed by QuadraVision Analytics, Inc. with detailed assumptions and reports maintained by Berkshire Team members, we provide fundamentally derived, risk-adjusted collateral, servicing, and bond cash flow projections and valuations. We can deliver loss mitigation strategies, loss reserve analysis, mark-to-market assessments, stress test analysis, analysis to support mergers and acquisitions, residential and commercial due diligence and underwriting.
The Berkshire Team of professionals has a reputation for providing customized solutions, superior analytics, accurate & robust reporting, and the ability to execute. Below is a description of some of our strategic alliance members.
Strategic Alliance Members
Consulting & Asset Valuation
We are asset valuation experts that assist consumer lenders, mortgage bankers, and servicers to maximize profitability. Valuing assets is the foundation of the myriad of services we provide to our clients.
Using proprietary software tools our valuation services support:
Read more at BerkAdvisors.com
- Whole Loan Valuation
- Collateral Cash Flow Valuation
- Servicing Rights Valuation
- Asset-Backed Securities Valuation
- Property Enhanced Valuation
- Loss Reserve and
Stress Test Analysis
- Mark-to-Market Assessment
- Litigation Support
- Vintage Loan Analysis and
Data Management Services
- Trustee Auction Clean-up Calls and
- Asset-Backed Securitizations
- Securitization Out-Source Resource
Customized Asset Valuation
Software Tools Suite
The founders of QuadraVision Analytics, Inc., drew on over 30 years of consumer lending and mortgage banking experience to provide a suite of customized asset valuation software tools. Our software tools are:
A valuation tool providing risk-adjusted pricing for each loan in a pool based on specific loan characteristics. This tool is a series of tables allowing the user to affect the performance of individual loans based on specific loan, market, business, and legal assumptions. The resulting aggregate cash flows can be pushed through multiple financing structures. Base table assumptions are included with the model.
An automated due diligence and underwriting tool that supports both residential and commercial underwriting. This web-based program boasts ease of use, electronic data capture, consistent documentation of underwriting conditions, and customized reporting.
Read more at QVAI.com
A loss mitigation tool that calculates the cash-on-cash and NPV of a property by adjusting current BPOs or appraisal values based on average state foreclosure timelines, costs, HPI indices, and other risk factors.
Asset Management Consulting and Business Performance Improvement Advisor
Gateway Asset Management is a nationally recognized “Go To” resource in the financial services industry, providing specialized consulting services. Our principals have over a century of experience covering a wide range of assets, processes, and business issues. We provide services and advice to our clients impacting a variety of business challenges, including:
- On site due diligence and loss forecasting of consumer and commercial portfolios, using proven analytical risk management tools, processes and models.
- Strategy development and surveillance of third party or specialty servicers.
- Custom analysis of operating, risk and financial models, distribution channels and capital deployment efficiency of potential and existing investments.
- Creation of one-hundred day plans to guide restructuring and rapid performance improvement of financial institutions, following investment.
- Working with banks to overcome regulatory hurdles and advising in repositioning to take on additional capital.
- Providing forensic underwriting and expert witness support and analysis for legal firms and financial services institutions.
Gateway Asset Management’s clients include private equity firms, investment banks, community and commercial banks, legal firms, specialty servicers, and distressed asset acquirers.
Learn more about GAM here GAMColp.com
Operational Due Diligence, Full Underwriting and Validation
Our underwriting and operation professionals are industry leaders. Utilizing proprietary software tools we help financial institutions determine if loans have been underwritten to risk tolerances, to guideline and program requirements (prime, subprime, VA and FHA), and compliance with GSE, federal, and state regulations. We provide companies with operational, transactional, and project related services to support:
Read more at COGNOPS.com
- Operational Due Diligence of Whole Loan
- Full Underwriting and Underwriting
Validation to support Purchase and
Sale Transactions and Litigation
- GSEs, HUD and VA Seller and
- Quality Control and Compliance Reviews
- Operation Process Reviews and
Best Practices Guidance
- Underwriting Outsource Resource